Posted 1 year ago
To lead the data management office responsible for pursuing organizational data aspirations; Mainly Long/Short term Data maturity and Quality targets and aligning data activities to agreed architecture.
- BSc/Degree from a reputable Tertiary Institution in IT/Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering related discipline.
- Relevant postgraduate (MSc, MBA) and/or professional qualification (Project Management certification – CBAP, Certified Data Management Professional – CDMP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) would be an added advantage.
Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ work experience with at least in data/project management related role.
- Collaborate with the data board and CDO to develop and review strategic data goals (4 – 5 year data strategic plans)
- Cascade strategic data goals into periodic (annual/semi-annual) targets across organization to specific responsibility owners
- Coordinate all activities related to the data governance structure including communications/collaboration with data owners and stewards
- Manage any specific data projects using appropriate Project management methods
- Periodically assess organizational performance relative to strategic or periodic data goals
- Carry out Semi-annual data quality and maturity assessments. Communicating results and implementing action plans
- Provide support across organization in the implementation of use cases.
- Drive, in collaboration with Learning & Development, data upskill of AXA Nigeria employees leveraging both formal and semi-formal approaches (e.g., Supporting the Data science community, Power User Group, etc.)
- Act as liaison between AXA Nigeria and regional AXA offices on data topics
- Lead AXA Nigeria Data Architecture Project and Topics
- Support the Automation need of the organization leveraging on Microsoft Power Platform Apps and Services
- Any other responsibilities that might be required to actualize the Data Strategy for the organization.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry/Business
- Ability to Influence stakeholders/work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Ability to work with Enterprise Architecture.
- Knowledge of the Cloud Solution Providers (Azure, AWS, IBM, etc..)
- Cloud Solution Certifications (Azure Solution Experts, Azure Data Scientists Associates, etc, and other related Certifications)
- Technology Savvy with strong Ms Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio)
- Data & Business Analysis Skills
- Knowledge of DAMA best practices
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Visualization Tools and Languages (Power BI, Tableau, Dax, PowerQuery, SQL, etc).
- Strong leadership
- Relationship management
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Problem solving
- Good oral communication and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- High moral and ethical values