Designs & executes the growth strategy of the Energy & Aviation team, including the achievement
of profitability targets and other KPIs. Responsible for co-ordinating the management of relationships with the team’s clients and brokers. Leads the execution of the Energy & Aviation underwriting strategy, the achievement of its growth objectives and the delivery of the portfolio profitability.
Academic/Professional: Relevant first degree in any discipline
Professional Qualification: MSc/MBA/ACII/ACIIN will be an added advantage.
Work Experience: Minimum 7 years professional experience, preferably in the Financial Services Industry with at least 3 years in a related position.
- Develops and implements strategies for business development for the Energy and Aviation Team.
- Scope the market and carry out detailed analysis of each sector managed with a view to growing the Energy and Aviation ’s market share.
- Sets appropriate targets for the Team in line with overall corporate objectives. Track the targets monthly.
- Drives the relationship management activities within the team including the maintenance of the required level of relationship with Brokers.
- Grow the volume of transactions from the brokers managed by the team.
- Establish a framework for the creation of value-added services to clients within the Energy & Aviation teams.
- Create a system that will ensure efficient working relationship with other sales team in other to meet the Company’s target for the Energy & Aviation portfolios.
- Work with the Training team in the training and development of the Team’s personnel.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to members of the team.
- Drives the preparation, implementation and achievement of the Group’s budget and all other agreed activities towards the achievement of the company’s corporate objectives.
- Ensures that adequate reinsurance arrangement is affected for all risks written by the Team.
- Ensures correct assessment of risks proposed for insurance as well as giving equitable terms.
- Provides underwriting, sales direction, and leadership for direct reports.
- Ensure all underwriting activities are in line with AXA standards and in compliance with NAICOM’s guidelines.
- Ensure regular interactions with the Claims team in other to ensure the continuous refining of our pricing, terms, and conditions. As well as the regular update of outstanding claims reserves
Required Skills and Competencies
- Analytical & Strategic.
- Communication skill.
- Proven ability to meet / exceed targets and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry, Products & Operations.
- Good understanding of financial statement analysis and reporting.
- Very good selling and relationship management capabilities.
- Good knowledge of the relevant regulatory frameworks and the regulatory environment.
- Excellent understanding of the financial services landscape and inherent risks in non-bank financial services industry.
- Customer Service.
- Process Improvement.
- Strong leadership.
- Relationship management.
- Strong interpersonal & team building skill.
- Problem solving.
- Time management.