To oversee and direct sales activities of the Financial Services Team and manage the relationships in the Financial Institution sector effectively.
Academic/Professional: Relevant first degree in any discipline
Professional Qualification: MSc/MBA/ACII/ACIIN and basic knowledge of Actuarial Services will be an added advantage.
Work Experience: 10 – 12 years professional experience, preferably in the Financial Services Industry with at least 4 years in managing a team.
- Carry out detailed sectorial analysis of the Financial Institution space with a view to discovering untapped opportunities and growing the Financial Services Team’s market share and client base.
- Develop and implement strategies towards ensuring the optimization of relationships with our partners.
- Supervises and drives the relationship management activities within the team including the maintenance of the required level of relationship with Brokers.
- Provides direction and leadership for the team.
- Directly manage the relationship with key executives of large customers within the Group.
- Reviews and approves the team’s Portfolio Review Report for all new businesses and renewals.
- Initiates applicable product development, customization, or improvement efforts for the clients within the Financial Services Institution.
- Sets appropriate targets for the unit in line with overall objectives of the Corporate Business Group and in conjunction with the Management Team.
- Establish a framework for the creation of value-added services to clients within the Corporate Business Group.
- Supervises reconciliation of customers’ accounts monthly and receivables management.
- Gives risk improvement advice and solutions to clients where necessary.
- Coordinates annual budget preparation, drives implementation, and monitors performance of the team’s annual budget.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent Communication, presentation, and professional writing skill.
- Proven ability to meet / exceed targets and deadlines.
- Knowledge of Insurance products and services
- Good understanding of financial statement analysis and reporting.
- Strong relationship management and selling skills.
- Good knowledge of the relevant regulatory frameworks and the regulatory environment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Collaboration Skills
- Strong leadership
- Problem solving
- Time management